Restoring the Health of Your Smile with Full Mouth Reconstruction
Dr. Gerald Grossman performs full mouth reconstruction at his Westbury, NY, practice for patients struggling with the function and appearance of their smile. This comprehensive dental treatment rehabilitates a mouth compromised by multiple oral health issues. While aesthetics do play a role, full mouth rehabilitation aims to correct oral health deficiencies, unlike a smile makeover plan that is designed to correct cosmetic issues. Dr. Grossman has been practicing dentistry for over 40 years, and has the experience necessary to execute a reconstruction treatment that safely and effectively addresses your complex oral health care needs.
Why Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is needed when gum disease, decay, or trauma have undermined the integrity of several teeth. This can cause other problems, like bite imbalances, difficulty speaking and eating, and, in some cases, changes to facial structure.
A full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive treatment plan designed to address your specific oral health issues and save you time and money in the long run.
Since each full mouth reconstruction is customized for the patient’s particular oral health situation, no two treatments are the same. Reconstructive work may include:
- Dental Crowns
- Our metal-free crowns, both traditional and implant-retained, blend in flawlessly with your surrounding teeth.
- These prosthetics replace two or more consecutive missing teeth and can be attached to dental implants.
- Removable Dentures
- Traditional dentures are the tried and true way of replacing a full dental arch. These restorations are held in place by natural suction and dental adhesive.
- Dental Implants
- The preferred way to retain artificial teeth, these posts are surgically implanted in the jaw for unparalleled strength and support.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Undetectable from your natural enamel, our fillings secure a tooth following cavity treatment.
- Inlays and Onlays
- When decay has degraded a tooth to the point that a filling is insufficient, but not extensive enough for a dental crown, inlays and onlays are considered an appropriate treatment.
- Periodontal Care
- Our advanced laser technology can address your periodontal issues comfortably and effectively.
Your Experience with Dr. Grossman
Dr. Grossman will carefully plan your treatment by first gathering all of the necessary information on your oral health and medical history. During your consultation, he will conduct a thorough examination and review highly detailed images, looking for signs of excessive wear on the teeth and damage to the gums. His decades of experience in diagnostics, planning, and execution of complicated treatments makes him well-prepared to help you achieve the smile and optimal oral health you deserve. Additionally, he is highly experienced in jaw movement and can effectively treat muscle-related problems. If he identifies a potential joint or bone disease in his scans of the jaw, he can refer you to a trusted specialist. Regardless of your specific needs, his aim for every patient is to create a smile that appears beautiful and functions optimally.
As a comprehensive treatment plan, full mouth reconstruction affords patients a number of attractive benefits, such as:
- Reducing the risk for future infection and tooth loss
- Restoring strength and balance to your bite
- Retaining healthy jawbone tissue to prevent an aging, shrunken appearance
- Allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods
- Improving speech
- Planning around your schedule and budgetary requirements
- Boosting confidence
- Saving money by streamlining treatment
Learn More Today
Backed by four decades of practice, Dr. Grossman has the skills to deliver a full mouth reconstruction that rejuvenates your smile and improves quality of life. Learn more about the treatments you can include in a full mouth reconstruction by contacting us online or by calling our office at (516) 683-0888.